Tuesday, January 5, 2010

[amy]

Hallo [bostossers]-

Mark your calendars (or just click and let us do all the work for you). The cast of [title of show] will performing a few songs this Saturday (Jan 9) live on the radio at 11am. For those of you in Boston (or the surrounding area) tune into WERS 88.9 FM, or WERS.org for those out of town. It will be a great way to hear this [tos]ome cast!

Amy Barker - Heidi


Have you ever been in a SpeakEasy show before?
Sorry, Wrong Number 2008 and 2009!

Where did you grow up?
Austin, TX


Zodiac sign?
Aries

What is the worst job you have ever had?
Temping for a partner at a big NYC law firm (I had to make tea and serve it on a silver platter.) I think I was only there for 2 days.

What is your first memory of theatre?
I was in some shows when I was little. My mom was a dancer and choreographer so my sister and I ended up in the chorus of things. I saw City of Angels on Broadway in 1990 (I think.) That experience inspired me to try acting professionally.

Do you have any funny/embarrassing on stage mishaps?
Too many to count! Most recently, I cut my finger during the opening scene of Sisters of Swing at Foothills Theatre. Since we weren't supposed to leave the stage for the first 30 min of the show, I bled all over place. It was really gross.

Who are your favorite heroes of theatre?
Wow, hard question. There are so many! Agnes De Mille, Cherry Jones, Audra McDonald and Stephen Sondheim to name a few.

Who are your favorite heroes of real life?
Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, my parents and my mother-in-law. Also Mary-Mitchell Campbell, a NYC based musical director who founded the charity ASTEP (Actors Striving to End Poverty.)

What vampires do you face your own life?
The "you're a big toothed, too-tall, talentless wonder" vampire is a frequent visitor.

Rock, paper or scissors?
ROCK.

Milk, dark, or white chocolate?
Dark.

Boxers or briefs?
boxer briefs


Favorite drag queen name?
Tequila Mockingbird

Guilty pleasure?
So You Think You Can Dance. I LOVE it.


Who would play you in the movie of your life? (Lifetime Original or Cinematic release, you choose)
Hmm, I will let someone else cast this.

(Jim Torres, SpeakEasy's Marketing Director, thinks a younger Cherry Jones would make a great Amy Barker)

If heaven exists, what would you like God to say as you arrive at the pearly gates?
Good job, kid. Then I would like him/her to lead a choir of angels in a big gospel number complete with tambourines.

3 comments:

  1. Paper . . . you lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Rachel McAdams or Mary-Louise Parker? Cherry Jones - not so much. Amy, any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Met Amy in the pool at Hidden valley N.Y. many many moons ago and she appeared like a tall goddess from Mount Olympus but just said Hi I'm Amy from Texas.I knew back then, this impressive lady would be remarkable in some sphere, some day! Also remember many lovely nights in the 'Whitehouse' bar in Fishkill on our exhausted nights off, with Amy, Kim Schlosser, Patrick O' Connell, Mark, Arita ? and a few more- Great old memories from distant days past! - Jim in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete